Mecum Auction

rocky5517

Was watching Mecum Muscle Car Auction last nite/ assume it was a repeat, of course, because it was a Wed nite, but a pretty clean looking green 72 Boat tail went for $6k. Commentators remarked how that generation as well as other generations of Riv's were overlooked, except for the 65.

Auction commentators, where do they get them? Maybe they plants seeds and grow them.

A friend of mine and I used to sit in the non-bidder area for the Kruse auctions at Fall Hershey. We were rolling in the aisle listening to them. I think there was a big bus parked by the stadium for them to ride in. We knew they could never find the place on their own.

Tricky lil devils though. I remember all the '60's two door hardtops had the doors opened during the auction. Two door sedans were left closed. The "sip and bid club" members might think they were hardtops. Watch that at the next auction.

Once in a while Dean would get up there and hustle bids. He could squeeze money out of cast iron; a real treat to watch him in action. A man on the eternal search for the uninformed buyer. (That was our motto at the tire shop when I sold cars as a teenager.)

Bernie