1916 Dodge Brothers Roadster (partially restored) for sale

The gentleman restoring this roadster passed away before completing it. Quality work on what has been done; everything else needed appears to be there, including duplicates. Available at a reasonable price, needs to be moved quickly. Contact Virginia at 330/257-0421 late afternoons and early evenings. Located in Damascus, Ohio (northeast Ohio, approximately halfway between Canton and Youngstown).

post-49040-143141889629_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143141889632_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143141889634_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143141889637_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143141889639_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143141889642_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143141889644_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143141889646_thumb.jpg

Guest Backyardmechanic

Ok Yes I knew this guy and have seen the workmanship he had done on this car and one he restored for his Mother.He had study machinal engineer at a early age.As you knowest in one of the photos he had a english wheel and knew how to use it too. It's a shame that he didn't get to see this car finish.

Vern

Guest brian j

I can't think of a better way to go................crankin' wrenches, and shinin' it up.

At this point, Virginia is asking $5,000 or best offer for the car and all associated parts. Again, her number is 330/257-0421. Can't be too many of them around, and though I am no expert on the pre-war and very early vehicles like this (though I surely do appreciate them), I had one person whose opinion I highly respect tell me that, this car complete is "ten times the car" a Model T is!

Guest Backyardmechanic
At this point, Virginia is asking $5,000 or best offer for the car and all associated parts. Again, her number is 330/257-0421. Can't be too many of them around, and though I am no expert on the pre-war and very early vehicles like this (though I surely do appreciate them), I had one person whose opinion I highly respect tell me that, this car complete is "ten times the car" a Model T is!

Yes it is.

Vern

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Backyardmechanic

I was a ventor at the Dunkirt NY. swap This past week end talk to many interest guys about this car, got an email from one thanking me for the tip I understand that he and a buddy was going to Ohio Sat.with a trailer.

Vern.

Good news from Virginia--she just called me to say that the Roadster has been sold, and has a new owner and home. Thanks again to everyone for spreading the word to ensure that that the 97-year-old vehicle will have its restoration completed, and to help Viriginia out as well. I am sure that Jack is smiling that one of his fellow old car enthusiasts will finish up what he started...

A very good friend of mine purchased the roadster. I made the trip out to Ohio to help retrieve the car. Virginia was a great host and we were glad to help out. The Car is in good hands and will be restored right. He is currently inventorying the car to see what is missing. The rear axles were not in the car and are being searched for. I am sure there are some other parts that will be needed.

Right now he knows he will need drivers front fender, driver door, distributor cap and rotor, brake and carb linkages and parking brake handle.

The new owner is setting up and account to the forum and I am sure will contribute. He is interested in linking up with any other 1916 Roadster owners.

-George

Edited by farrellg (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

We have been unable to locate the rear axle shafts, hubs and brakes for this car. We do have the parts books, so we have a good idea what we are looking for. One thing that would really help would be some pictures. If any one has some photos they would be willing to post for the 1916-1917 Roadster axle shafts, it would be appreciated. Certainly would help with id'ing one outside the car. Thanks.

I'm sure the gentleman who previously owned the vehicle would be proud of all of you, truly great news. Thanks for keeping us posted George, very good to hear.

Thanks. Hopefully we will be able to find a set of axles, hubs and brake parts. I am hoping somone out there has a set.