I was trying to buy parts from a guy in Bakersfield

Guest tonypowell

Guest tonypowell

So I see this 1990 Reatta that's the same color as mine and the guy is parting it out or 1,000 for the whole works. I have no room for the "whole works" so I ask him about certain parts I would like. He sends me photos and we agree, he will ship.

He starts taking off the parts.

Now a week goes by and he won't respond to my emails.....somebody got to him.....wish I knew who. He was in Roseburg, right outside of Bakersfield. Probably some ebay parts bandit who will make a tidy profit on someone....not me! None of these parts are really that rare and if your patient, they will always turn up.

So I see this 1990 Reatta that's the same color as mine and the guy is parting it out or 1,000 for the whole works. I have no room for the "whole works" so I ask him about certain parts I would like. He sends me photos and we agree, he will ship.

He starts taking off the parts.

Now a week goes by and he won't respond to my emails.....somebody got to him.....wish I knew who. He was in Roseburg, right outside of Bakersfield. Probably some ebay parts bandit who will make a tidy profit on someone....not me! None of these parts are really that rare and if your patient, they will always turn up.

Nobody got to him. I contacted him about some parts. He sent me a picture about five days later. Another three days passed after agreeing on a price and I never heard back from him (this was about 5 weeks ago).

His kid wrecked the car (had 200,000+ miles). Based on his flakiness, I think it may have been him with a Coors in one hand and.... :)

Guest tonypowell
Nobody got to him. I contacted him about some parts. He sent me a picture about five days later. Another three days passed after agreeing on a price and I never heard back from him (this was about 5 weeks ago).

His kid wrecked the car (had 200,000+ miles). Based on his flakiness, I think it may have been him with a Coors in one hand and.... :)

Hey Bushwack, Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if he "sold" you the same parts he "sold" me? I "bought" a small batch of parts including the trunk seal, trunk actuator, headlight switch, instrument cluster, etc. I started dealiings with him about the same time as you. Now if he recontacts me, I will be leary of sending him any cash for sure. Wish I was closer to Bakersield, I would strip the car myself.

Hey Bushwack, Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if he "sold" you the same parts he "sold" me? I "bought" a small batch of parts including the trunk seal, trunk actuator, headlight switch, instrument cluster, etc. I started dealiings with him about the same time as you. Now if he recontacts me, I will be leary of sending him any cash for sure. Wish I was closer to Bakersield, I would strip the car myself.

I was looking for the headlight switch and steering wheel. I contacted him the day after is CL listing. In hindsight, probably best a deal wasn't done. Unless he had a family situation or was abducted by aliens, if he isn't motivated by money to close the deal,....

Guest tonypowell

This guy is back in the game again. If you still want any parts, he has sent me photos of a batch of parts. Seems he has been spending his time taking the car apart. I know you wanted that headlight switch, so maybe you can work out a deal. I fixed mine so all is well.

• 2 months later...