36 Buick revisited,

Tom_S

Thru an error on my part, I now find myself in need of a gas tank repair for my 36 Buick. I contacted Moyer Fuel Tank Repair in Greensburg, Pa. What they would do is bake to remove all gas fumes, plasma cut the tank apart just above the crimped seams, clean inside, install new drain fitting and plug, coat inside, reweld, leak test, and paint to look new. Does this sound like a viable process and does anyone have any dealings with this company?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

That particular company is a franchise operation that uses the "Gas Tank Renu" process. While I have not l dealt with them personally, I had a different dealership using that process work on the tank for my 1930 Buick model 68 and they did an outstanding job. It was a bit pricey, but well worth it in my opinion.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I ended up sending it to Moyer's. Because the tank was so clean and rust free inside, they were able to install a new fitting and plug without cutting the tank apart. Only charged me $45 to do it. Back and forth shipping charges were way more than that!

Tom