Pierce Arrow ID

Eldovert

Well, at a quick glance it has a splash apron light from a twelve. It's a club sedan, 1932. It has an archer, dual side mounts with metal covers and mirrors. Padded leather roof with Landau irons. Factory trunk. License plate frame. Looks to be mono chrome paint job. I'll take a shot and say it's a series 53 twelve with a salon package. A very rare car new........ only 20 built, and only two survive today. You couldn't buy much better in 1932. Ed

Edited by edinmass
correction (see edit history)

1932 Model 53 or 52. The heavy two bar bumpers and little arrows on the hood vent doors are V-12 appointments. This one has all the "goodies" (options) for 1932, even the wing windows on the front doors. Wish it were mine.

I noticed the wind wings, but forgot to list them. I have a set in a box in the garage. They were engraved PIERCE. I missed the bumpers........ I'm getting old and blind. The only difference from the series 52 or 53 is the chassis length. Only the doors would be different. It would take a scale ruler to figure it out. The doors look like the shorter ones, that's why I picked series 53. Ed

Hey-"Old & Blind,"

You also missed the Pilot Lights at the front.

Sure looks like the former "R.K.O. (film studio) car.

Bob

Yes, I missed them too. But hey......I'm almost 50....... in three years. You have the advantage of seeing this car when New, so you should remember all the nice little extras that it came with. The more I look at it the more I like it. Do you remember the color? :rolleyes:

Hi Bob, I agree with you on the color. It's interesting that there are black wall tires on the car. I ran the owners name through google, found lots of lawsuits showing he didn't like paying his taxes....... maybe that's how he paid for the car. Ed.

G.M. Duntley started hauling in the Lancaster area with horses and mules.He is credited with the first order of Cummins diesels to be installed in commercial trucks (Sterlings). Looks as though he had at least one Pierce Arrow truck (1914)

He had some bad luck when drilling a water well on his property...he struck oil..made quite a mess :)

• 1 month later...