1937 fender marker light lens

bobj49f2

Are these the same lenses Bob's sells for $21 each? Our buddy Nuttybuick has a pair of reproduction ones listed on eBay for $135 BIN. I don't care what she asks, or gets for hers, my question is are these the same as Bob sells. NB has a nice image on her post but Bob's image on his web site isn't all that great. It looks to me like there's a mold ridge on the lens.

Nuttybuicks:

1937 38 Buick Parking Light Lens Pair New | eBay

post-63376-143141821039_thumb.jpg

Bob's:

post-63376-143141821049_thumb.jpg

I've seen some reproduction one on eBay that, at least from the images posted, looked pretty rough. BTW, Bob's web site lists these for $21. If they are the same as NB, man, she sure likes trolling for suckers. I need one, I just accidently broke one when I dropped something on the fender and knocked the lens out of the case. $21 isn't too bad of a price if they are nice looking. Anyone buy them from Bob's

I think Bob's picture has just been badly photoshopped to remove the background.

I bought a set a few years ago for my '38 and they looked good though from memory they weren't quite as pointy as an original.

If Nuttybuick is flogging them for $135, it's a sure thing they came from somewhere else for less than half that.

If you get them from Bob's, I'd buy 2 so they look even and matched.

Danny

Guest KeithElwell

Another option, if you care to consider. I own a 1936 and I have successfully reproduced those lenses in epoxy, which are slightly different in shape. I could pour a mold and reproduce the 37 lenses if someone would loan me a good original. I would return the original and a repro for free to the guy that loans the original. Then would sell the repros for $10 or so on eBay.

Email me with PM if interested. Same approach could be done for other lenses, both clear and red.

Guest KeithElwell

I'm afraid my post did not sound like I intended. It sounds like I am looking for chances to profit off my fellow Buick owners. The point I wanted to make is that I have the means to reproduce some lenses in a decent material and make them available at very low cost to help the hobby and when originals can't be found or are cost prohibitive. Now I'll shut up or I am only advertising for business.

Keith: I believe your intention is to be helpful for the hobby and it's members. No fault there! I have made a few items for others in the antique Radio hobby usually for trade and found it mutually profitable. Each got what they needed. And no one went broke doing it. I only have problems when I see one supplier of parts at a Buick meet flea market with "reasonable yet still a bit expensive" items get talked down on price by another dealer. Who then tries to resell at double the previous asking price. While at Concord the I asked about a nice used 37 medallion about $100! I tried to deal down a bit and the double price dealer who happened to be there, not the actual dealer said "you better take it at that price because after I buy it I am going to put $200 on it. I believe the parts have been on e-bay ever since for a doubled price. Sorry for the rant. But thank you for your well meaning offer. I had to super glue the mounting flange on my one parking light. If it does not hold I may need another one. Larry

• 2 years later...
Guest rkp5555

I am currently looking for 1937 fender light lenses as are several others in the 37-38 Buick Yahoo group.  Bob's has been out of stock forever.  I called and they have no prospect for getting any.  I found a lead for some made in North Carolina but they would not be available until late this year or early next year and are quite expensive.  I have one lens that is cracked but complete except for a few chips in the mounting flange.  A couple of the posts on this topic indicated they could be made, but that was back in 2013.  Is this still possible?