My 63 riv data plate

Guest PRDDETROIT

Guest PRDDETROIT

I just got my ROA card and number and wanted to say thank you from ROA#14021

I also took photos of my tag and data plate.

My riv was built 11B= 2nd week of nov (But has a 120 speedometer) and I know its the original dash. Paint= FF Marlin blue, Interior #718 which I know the seat covers where changed and also the carpet. Everything else in the interior is original. What I am trying to figure out is if the car came with the option T80 or T82 option?. There is a small hole in the center of my dash and I've been wondering why it was there? The car also came with corning lights (which still work great) I know in the Riview I read that the speedo changed from 120 to 140 date 11A but, Mine was built 11B and has the 120 speedo.

I also have the original spare with the US ROYAL tire that it came with. It was on the car once in its life.

I hope this helps with any information.

Im including photos of the data tag and the impression in the center of the dash with a small whole. And the origina wheels when I pulled the hubcaps off.

Thanks for any input. If anyone has any questions or wants me to take photos of certain areas... Let me know.

All the best

Dave

post-90648-143141766303_thumb.jpg

post-90648-143141766289_thumb.jpg

post-90648-143141766266_thumb.jpg

post-90648-143141766272_thumb.jpg

post-90648-143141766276_thumb.jpg

Guest PRDDETROIT

Interesting. You know, A lot of times on an assembly line, They'ed put on whatever was there. if some 120's where left over and sitting around, They''ed end up in something. back then when people ordered cars a certain way, all kinds of cool things happened.

I just got my ROA card and number and wanted to say thank you from ROA#14021

I also took photos of my tag and data plate.

My riv was built 11B= 2nd week of nov (But has a 120 speedometer) and I know its the original dash. Paint= FF Marlin blue, Interior #718 which I know the seat covers where changed and also the carpet. Everything else in the interior is original. What I am trying to figure out is if the car came with the option T80 or T82 option?. There is a small hole in the center of my dash and I've been wondering why it was there? The car also came with corning lights (which still work great) I know in the Riview I read that the speedo changed from 120 to 140 date 11A but, Mine was built 11B and has the 120 speedo.

I also have the original spare with the US ROYAL tire that it came with. It was on the car once in its life.

I hope this helps with any information.

Im including photos of the data tag and the impression in the center of the dash with a small whole. And the origina wheels when I pulled the hubcaps off.

Thanks for any input. If anyone has any questions or wants me to take photos of certain areas... Let me know.

All the best

Dave

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179499[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179495[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]179496[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]179497[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]179498[/ATTACH]

I noticed a couple of things that I'll mention. One, the trunk mat material isn't the original. The hole in the dash is in very close proximity to where my twilight sentinel sits. The twilight sentinel would not be on the data plate though. However, I've never seen a twilight sentinel on a car that wasn't fully optioned out. Therefore I'm making a WAG that someone once mounted an aftermarket tachometer or something similar on the dash. Two, the wheels are painted body color. I've never seen a first generation Riviera that did not have black wheels.

Ed

Guest PRDDETROIT

Hi Ed,

I know the trunk mat has been replaced. The second owner did it. If it wasnt a light sensor, My guess would be a compass. But, There are two small holes. I havent got under the dash to check for wiring that would lead me to believe it was a sensor. A tach...No. It was a couple that her husband bought it new and he was a Doctor. They werent Hot Rod people.

As far as the wheels go. Me and my old man looked this over. There is still a LOT of factory paint on this car. All the Jams, Inside the trunk, The drip rail under the grille behind the front bumper, Firewall, Front pillars in the interior. It was repainted by what I'm guessing was Earl Shibe years ago.They just shot the exterior with a color that was kinda close and it eventually faded. The thing that gave it away that the wheels are factory paint, Its identical too the paint inside the trunk lid that still has the factory jack sticker. Its not a re-pop. The back side of the wheels are painted black and all five rims are in factory Marlin Blue.

It was very well taken care of by the original owners who maintained it and also drove it regularly.

But, I'll get some detailed pictures of the spare with its original tire. I seen repaints, old and new and these rims came painted Marlin blue

Dave

Guest 63 rivenge

What color is the block. I have a 63 , with 44k on the clock, I am the second owner,and I know what color everyone says it should be ,mine has the 140 speedo mid Nov built..........green

Hi Ed,

I know the trunk mat has been replaced. The second owner did it. If it wasnt a light sensor, My guess would be a compass. But, There are two small holes. I havent got under the dash to check for wiring that would lead me to believe it was a sensor. Dave

It could be a Twilight Sentinel; one hole for the mount, one hole for the wire. I looked in my '63 chassis manual and that's what they show. In the illustration, there are two holes, one in front of the other. The front hole is shown smaller than the rear hole. Front hole is for mounting, rear hole is for wiring. Then it also shows the switch that Tom mentioned in the access panel. In '63, the twilight sentinel could also be a dealer intsalled option.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest PRDDETROIT

The Block in my 63 is Silver (well... Whats left of the paint) But, at some point the original owner had upper end work done and whomever did it painted the upper end green. The paint is peeling and actually preserved the silver paint underneath. when I pull the motor, I find out what was done and eventually have it rebuilt.

What color is the block. I have a 63 , with 44k on the clock, I am the second owner,and I know what color everyone says it should be ,mine has the 140 speedo mid Nov built..........green

Guest PRDDETROIT

Thats what it is. Not sure if it came with it or dealer installed. Never the less, Its missing.

Thank you guys for all the help. I may try to take some better pictures today. I'm going to a car show at Bob's Big Boy tonight.

It could be a Twilight Sentinel; one hole for the mount, one hole for the wire. I looked in my '63 chassis manual and that's what they show. In the illustration, there are two holes, one in front of the other. The front hole is shown smaller than the rear hole. Front hole is for mounting, rear hole is for wiring. Then it also shows the switch that Tom mentioned in the access panel. In '63, the twilight sentinel could also be a dealer intsalled option.

Ed

Guest PRDDETROIT

Thanks Tom

If the car was originally equipped with sentinel there should be a small hole in the left lower dash access cover for the switch to control sentinel operation.

Body color wheels was an option. I have seen several over the years,

Tom Mooney