Taking Barbarella to the next phase. Need some advice.

Guest gdiwicker

Guest gdiwicker

Hey All,

Ryan here. I'm going to be taking my 64 Riv to the next phase of customization and I would like some advice for the following:

Carpet sets-I'm looking for a one piece carpet set, if it is possible, with matching door and trunk carpet in red. The interior is going to be redone or dyed based on the color of the carpet. I've called Clark's corvair and their cut and sewn is in three pieces and their molded is just too expensive once I add on the door and trunk carpet.

Air Cleaner-Currently I have a stock intake with a carter afb 5 1/8 opening. I measured the current after market cleaner I have on there now, which barely fits at 3 inches and had to cancel the batwing I ordered from Summit. That cleaner is 5+ inches tall. Any suggestions? I am putting polished valve covers, and valley pan on their as well as chroming the water crossmember, pulleys, timing chain cover and a few brackets so something that will fit that scheme.

AC Bracket-Has anyone used the valve covers from nailheadbuick.com/ buickrodder? I'm going to have to alter the factory ac bracket. Anyone got any tips, directions or photos?

Headliner and Sunvisors- So I can't decide between Car Inc or Clark's. Clarks prices are 135 for the headliner , 136.50 for the sun visors, and 91 for the quarter panel sails before s/h. Cars Inc is 167.25 for the headliner, with extra material for the sun visors (which I would use for the quarter panel sails), and 149.50 for the sun visors. Anyone ever used these materials?

AC Diaphragm- OK so I need a diaphragm to control the ac door. Right now I have the door wired shut as their is no diaphragm there. They say I need two to complete this job. Is that right? I only see a spot for one. CMWauto.com-59.00 part VD235905

Thanks!

Ryan

Guest 63 rivenge

Ryan......I would go with Clarks, get the "cut and sewn" carpet, they give you enough to do the door panels. Measure the Visor pin to pin for the correct size.I also did the headliner from Clarks,( you can do it yourself if your handy) and the sail panels buy covered from Clarks. The Carpet for the trunk comes in 2 pieces which fit well also.......Take a look at PML Valve covers and Valley Pan site. The Bat Wing is to tall as you know, look for a Billet Fin air cleaner to match the Valve covers.........(the chrome, be prepare to wait a few weeks for that) I know Clarks might be limited with the color you want.........Good Luck with that. if you do decide I can walk you thru that headliner install

Thanks!

Ryan

In my experience you have two choices. 1) You can do it nicely or 2) you can do it cheaply. Nice and cheap is not an option.

Clark's does things for you on an order basis. They probably don't stock too much. Call them and tell them what you're trying to do. They have access to more than just what came as original equipment. I've talked to them about doing the seats for my '64 in colors other than what was available in '64. "No problem. Just send us a sample of the color you want your seats done in and we can do it."

Ed

Ed

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gdiwicker

Colorado is great Jim! lots to do and its just so beautiful here. My view from my living room is the Rockies. Its kinda cool to wake up to that everyday.