1929U Plymouth Parts Needed

frank29u

Hi folks, Here's a list of original parts I'm trying to find for my 29U 4 door sedan.

Choke knob and cable

Windshield crank handle

Choke cable clamp on the carb, it is about 1 and 3/8" long

Klaxon 12C horn mounting bracket, on rear water inlet

Clip for hand throttle spring

Any leads for locating these parts is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, frank

Guest 28 Plymouth cpe.

Will take a look in my spare parts boxes. I might have some of these except the horn bracket. Hard to find this one. I'll look later today.

The choke knob and cable is being reproduced. There is an ad in the Plymouth Bulletin with these for sale. There is also a guy who has a 31 PA cable assembly listed in the same Bulletin, but I'm not sure if this will fit your car. Private Message me and I'll give you the info if you don't have access to a recent Bulletin. I don't want to post these guys' numbers and email on the forum.

Will take a look in my spare parts boxes. I might have some of these except the horn bracket. Hard to find this one. I'll look later today.

I appreciate your interest for a fellow Plymouth owner, especially to check your spare parts for me. Feel free to send a private message, if you choose.

Thanks,

frank

The choke knob and cable is being reproduced. There is an ad in the Plymouth Bulletin with these for sale. There is also a guy who has a 31 PA cable assembly listed in the same Bulletin, but I'm not sure if this will fit your car. Private Message me and I'll give you the info if you don't have access to a recent Bulletin. I don't want to post these guys' numbers and email on the forum.

Thanks, hursst. I have the reproduction and it looks good. That said, I'm really looking for an original. It's too bad the PA is not the same. I appreciate your time and tip.

frank

Guest 28 Plymouth cpe.
Thanks, hursst. I have the reproduction and it looks good. That said, I'm really looking for an original. It's too bad the PA is not the same. I appreciate your time and tip.

frank

I have checked my boxes and the only thing left is a window riser handle which is not correct. It is the back small handle for the back window on a sedan. I checked my carbs for the bracket for the cable but they are gone. sorry, I will keep you in mind and still check with some other members .

I have checked my boxes and the only thing left is a window riser handle which is not correct. It is the back small handle for the back window on a sedan. I checked my carbs for the bracket for the cable but they are gone. sorry, I will keep you in mind and still check with some other members .

I really appreciate you looking in your boxes and checking with other members in the future. These are one to a car and know they get hard to find after all the years - but can't give up! 2 years ago I found 3 pot metal window cranks for what I believe are for 28Q & 29U (and other Chryslers & mfgs I'm guessing) - I couldn't believe it. Young man was in last row of flea market and almost didn't go down it because I was pooped - I'm taking my Geritol after that!. I have the 30U handles, but wanted the 28-29; now need to polish and get nickle plated. Re: small handle, these I believe have. Also have 3 different sizes, in pieces. Curiously, the April 01, 1934 Master Parts List has 2 P/N listed for Q,U; Hayes (the body I have) and another for 30-U handle.

Thanks again for looking and keeping me in mind.

frank