1963 riviera carbuerator numbers

Guest Robert Ricci

Guest Robert Ricci

Hi, Does anyone know the series of numbers that are correct for a 1963 401 Riviera carbuerator? Are they for only the Rivierea 401? Are they the same for a 425? Im looking for a restored / rebuilt one or good one to restore/ rebuild. Thanks Bob

Robert,

I just looked in my '63 Service Chassis manual. There were two carbs for the JT (401) engine in '63. The Carter AFB is number 3503S, and the Rochester 4GC is number 7023040.

Because the 425 was not planned for Buick when the manuals were written, there is no mention of the correct carb for that engine. I doubt that they are the same. My '64 Chassis manual shows different carbs for the 401 and the 425.

Jon "Carbking" who owns The Carburetor Shop says that the number for the 425 is 3554S. If he says the two engines take different carbs, I'd believe him; he know his carburetors.

Ed

Guest Robert Ricci
Robert,

I just looked in my '63 Service Chassis manual. There were two carbs for the JT (401) engine in '63. The Carter AFB is number 3503S, and the Rochester 4GC is number 7023040.

Because the 425 was not planned for Buick when the manuals were written, there is no mention of the correct carb for that engine. I doubt that they are the same. My '64 Chassis manual shows different carbs for the 401 and the 425.

Jon "Carbking" who owns The Carburetor Shop says that the number for the 425 is 3554S. If he says the two engines take different carbs, I'd believe him; he know his carburetors.

Ed

thanks very helpfull