Muffler leaking on my '91

Labrat

I notice a new sound this week so I crawled under the back and the original muffler is starting to leak along the center of the bottom seam. Muffler is solid and clean everywhere but the weld is going away. I'm going to try some Permatex muffler muffler putty along the seam and then cover that with the Permatex Muffler bandage strip (infused with epoxy resin). I researched the archives and really can't find a direct replacement muffler for the 1991. I want the car as quiet as possible so some manufacturers like Magnaflow are quickly eliminated. I think the Camaro mufflers might even be too loud for what I want. If I want noise I'll drive the Vette. I'll let you know how the repair works. I'm thinking it will work as the body of the muffler is very sound and rust free.

My $10.00 repair worked fine. Since the muffler isn't rusty just opened up some at the seam I thought this would work. I'm good to go for another 22 years. I'm still using the original muffler. I never start a car that I can't let warm up before shutting off. Keeping the water (condensation) out I thinks makes a big difference in the life of the muffler.