'67 GS for sale - KC Craigslist

RivNut

PARTING OUT 1967 Buick RIVIERA

I looked at this car today to see if it had the disc brake option; it doesn't. BUT, what I did find was a basically complete car that wouldn't be too bad of a fixer-upper. The seller would sell the complete car for $1,000. It does not have the Star Wars air cleaner though (I'd have bought it and resold it alone.) I couldn't get under it to check for the trans code or the posi sticker. Even if it weren't a GS, it' probably still worth the money. (I have a sneaky suspicion that the seller has the Star Wars air cleaner and wants to sell it separately. When I said that the GS air cleaner was missing but the base was there, he asked me if there was a market for them then took the base off the carb and took it inside with him.)

A couple of stalnless monldings need to be straightened, it needs a trunk lock, hood corner moldings (which I have) and hood hinges. Glass is all good and all there. Some rust in the trunk, but I couldn't check the floors. Paint was silver and interior is black. The vinyl seat inserts have been replaced with cloth (looks nice though) and the carpets are okay for a driver. It does need the radio and the antenna.; the antenna escutcheon is still in the fender. It also needs a dash pad, but I have one of those too. No glass is broken. The tires look good, but I'm betting they're old. It has '71 and later rally wheels with caps. It's a custom interior car with buckets and a full length console. GS Badges are missing but there are holes in the right places in the fenders for the G and the S. Riviera scripts are missing as well.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Ha yea Ed, that base is a highly sought after item. I always theorized the bases were missing from so many air cleaners because people got so excited to find a Starwars at the junkyard (or a car sitting along the street) that they hurriedly grabbed the air cleaner not knowing the base was equally as important.

You didn't take any pics did you? Was there a 1" wide (approx) metal band across the large center section where hood insulation goes? You might be right, the seller probably striped the GS emblems off too thinking they were worth money since he is offering to part it. Was there dirt witness lines in the shape of GS or had they been gone for years?

Except for the stainless around the outside of the front and back glass, all of the other chrome has been removed; probably in preparation for paint. The hood spear, and one and one-half pieces of the hood corners are lying in the back seat. I didn't find any of the Riviera scripts or the GS pieces. The paint is really pretty clean and there were no tale tell marks of emblems anywhere. I didn't get to talk to the actual owner, just an employee/friend of his. If I can get back inside the yard, I'll let you know about the strip across the hood. The seller is hoping that he has a buyer from Lawrence, KS. I told the seller to give the prospective buyer my number for some parts I have. Perhaps if I get that call, I can look at the car again.

Ed

I wish this could get purchased by a Riviera/Buick fan that could restore it. As it is, it sounds like someone will part it out, too bad. Wants a $1000? I suspect if someone showed up with 8 $100 bills, it would be sold. OR - offer $1500, and when he says "what?" say yes, $1500 for everything.

SOLD as a complete car; don't know what it went for though.

I just got a call from the new owner in Oskaloosa, KS. He was told by the seller that I had a dash pad and some grill parts. I'll be able to get some info that has been asked. I know one of the first things the guy is going to want is hood hinges. If you have some, I'll put him in contact with you when he comes to get the parts I have.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

SOLD as a complete car; don't know what it went for though.

I just got a call from the new owner in Oskaloosa, KS. He was told by the seller that I had a dash pad and some grill parts. I'll be able to get some info that has been asked. I know one of the first things the guy is going to want is hood hinges. If you have some, I'll put him in contact with you when he comes to get the parts I have.

Ed

Ed

Don't forget an ROA and a BCA application as well.

This one is yet another case of right car, wrong time. I would love to own a 66-69 GS Riviera project. Even though expensive to restore and time consuming, one would have a spectacular tour car for life that you would know was done right. But with 8 cars already I don't need another one.