December 22nd Post, which car?

60FlatTop

Yesterday was December 15th and I drove my '60 Electra to the bank in the sunshine. This is western New York! Then I got thinking about the 21st. It would be kind of fun at the end of the world to go out in a Buick. So which car to be swallowed by the earth or engulfed in a fireball with; the '60 Electra that I drive a lot or the '64 Riviera that I have owned the longest. The media and the History Channel have done a lot of speculation but never gave consideration to car guys who have a tough decision to make.

The media exploited the issue but didn't give me guidance. They all think everyone bought one Prius... and bought it too late.

I saw my neurologist a month ago and told him I wanted to work another 30 years (I don't work hard). He said since I am 64, why not work 36 more years and shoot for an even 100. So he's no help for the end of the world.

Its not like I'm some whacko. If I was I'd be considering the Impala SS and the Park ave convert for exit cars as well. Its just a simple, logical decision about the end of the world. Hmmmmmm, Spock had a Riviera too. That would be a last stand for logic.

I am sure it will be right down to the last minute.

I will post the final choice on the 22nd.

Bernie

.....Then I got thinking about the 21st. It would be kind of fun at the end of the world to go out in a Buick. So which car to be swallowed by the earth or engulfed in a fireball with; the '60 Electra that I drive a lot or the '64 Riviera that I have owned the longest .....

Find an earlier Buick straight eight (pre-1954) with the Fireball Engine in it. I've heard they're hotter than hell. :o

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Guest Rob McDonald

I think I'll walk, thanks.

Someone else is having fun with this, too:

"The Humberview Group, comprising four General Motors dealers within the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), is offeringing apocalyptic deals at an "End of the World Clearance Event," with the proviso that, "If the world ends you don't pay!"

"The unique sales event, which they're also calling a Molten Lava Liquidation, ends on December 21. But if the world doesn't end on that date, you're on the hook for whatever you bought."