Early Buick or mystery cylinder heads?

Guest Michael Patris

Guest Michael Patris

Greetings from Southern California. I have a pair of mystery cylinder heads and I have been told they are off an early, old Buick. Attached is an image and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! Michael Patris

post-69923-143139285266_thumb.jpg

Guest Michael Patris

Hi Mark, Thanks for the reply.... I will have to measure them when I go back to the garage tomorrow... I will post the diameter. Apparently you are the "GO TO" Buick guy seeing you lovely list of Buicks... Good for you! Talk with you soon, after a quick measurement.... Michael

Guest Michael Patris
Michael,

Could also be 6cyl. model 55 to 1916 , as they were cast in pairs, The casting #'s may ID also.

JB

22-5-55 Sport Touring

Very interesting in that the casting numbers are different. One is DR 15 15792-3 and the other is DR 22 15792-4

The bore opening is tapered, but at the bottom of the head it is about 3 7/8" or very close to 4" where it bolts to the block.... any thoughts??

Thanks, Michael

Guest Michael Patris

Very interesting in that the casting numbers are different. One is DR 15 15792-3 and the other is DR 22 15792-4

The bore opening is tapered, but at the bottom of the head it is about 3 7/8" or very close to 4" where it bolts to the block.... any thoughts??

Thanks, Michael

Guest Michael Patris
Michael,

Early Buick 4cyl engine bore sizes were 3 3/4, 4 1/4 ,and 4 1/2". It sounds like you have a 3 3/4 bore.

The casting #'s might be the only way to id.

JB

Who would be the authority or source to verify the casting numbers. I agree it is most likely a 3 3/4" bore. Any idea of approximate value of such a thing??

Thanks,

Michael

Guest Michael Patris
Michael,

You could try posting this on the horseless carriage(pre 1916) on this forum. The bore size for the cyl. model 55 is 3 3/4", but the more common 4cyl. pre 1916 is probally

the best answer.

JB

Thanks so much, I will!