Speedo Cable and Antenna Firewall Grommets for '65

kdml

I am finishing up reinstalling all of the parts on my firewall and can't seem to find replacements for the speedo cable grommet (on the left in the picture) and the antenna grommet (on the right). Anybody know of a source? I looked at Cars, but can't find one

Thanks

Doug

post-64567-143139279448_thumb.jpg

Did u find the grommets you need? If not i found both for you at less than $12. rubbertherightway.com has a ton of cool stuff for us (cheap too). Unfortunately, i havent ordered anything from them yet. So i cant vouch for their quality. I have a short list of part i will be ordering from them tomorrow.

Didn't see what I needed at Mr. G's, but rubbertherightway seems to have the antenna grommet, but I don't see the speedo cable grommet - where did you see it?

Im sorry for not getting back to u sooner. Im such a newbie that I havent got this forum ettiquette down yet.

Ok now, when u go to that website. Type in your vehicle info & navigate thru as if u are gonna order a free catalog. Once your there u can click on the "download PDF" catalog & wha-lah on page 4…both grommets u need on one page. Let me know either way if u get them. I ordered stuff too. I'd love to talk more 65 Riv with u. That is what u said u had right? I just started working on mine. My goal was to get her in drivable condition by Xmas. But finding tons of speed bumps along the way…heater core & brake booster issues today. So it looks like early next year might be a bit more realistic lol

Thanks for walking me through finding the speedo cable grommet, but that grommet is listed for 63-64 Rivieras and looks different then mine. I am guessing '65 is different. The description indicates the size is 1 1/16, where the hole my firewall is closer to 1 1/2 and the overall grommet size is a little over 2".

A little more searching turned about the following which appears to match what I have; although it does not list for the Riviera

1964-1975 Chevelle - Speedometer Cable Grommet | OPGI.com

Good luck with your build. Sound like you are a lot closer to finishing then I am, as it will be years before I am done

Doug

Good luck with your build. Sound like you are a lot closer to finishing then I am, as it will be years before I am done

Doug

Don't take my build the wrong way lol I am doing things on a budget. You are prob doing things the right way (frame off). Not me...wish I could...I am just doing what it takes to get her on the road. She has been sitting for far too long (13 years). It felt good when my 17 y/o daughter came home from school and saw I pushed my car into the garage to start the wrenching process. First thing she did was open the car door and started reminiscing on when she would ride around with me when she was 3-4 years old. Now I hope to give her her first driving lesson in a huge open lot with my Riv

So I'm sure your build will look a lot nicer than mine