Hood Lace for a '46

I won't be playing in the garage today because I have some more eye surgery due but I was wondering if the Champions of this era used any sort of weatherstrip or welting between the rear edge of the hood and the cowl. There are no holes there and no longer any evidence that anything was ever there. My other cars of the same era had the same lace in place as my '28 Durant.

Thanks again,

Justin

I believe they were glued with weatherstrip adhesive and may have been tacked at each end with screwnails. SI also sells the screwnails but, I suspect you can get them cheaper from somewhere like Restoration Specialties. Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc. | Windber, PA 15963

It is just a strip of foam rubber around 1/2" square. I am not sure it has any functional purpose so don't feel bad if you don't have it. I replaced mine and had a heck of a time getting it to stick. For what it is worth I could not find any holes so I don't think the factory used screwnails. Several pictures here: More Engine Pull Screwups | 1941 Studebaker Champion

Nathan