1920's Chrysler identification.

Guest Rezlo

Hello guys,<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

After doing some searching around this forum seems to have a great deal of information.<O:p</O:p

As a basic introduction, I am from South Africa, I recently (last week) purchased my first vintage car with the intention of restoration. I was told it’s a 1928 Chrysler, looking at images it looks to be a sedan royal, unfortunately the vehicle is in very rough shape on closer inspection. The body itself is in restorable condition but driveline is all but missing so it will be a very long project. I have been told by a number of people that I shouldn’t bother doing a restoration on the vehicle as it would be more hassle than worth and they are most likely correct, the purchase wasn’t very well thought out but I would rather try get it together than see it recycled or left to rust even if one has to go as far as using a more modern driveline components to make it a reality.

My first worry is the actual identification of the vehicle. From images Ive been collecting most of the Chryslers of the day had wooden floors and the area above the doors is wooden, My vehicle has a steel floor and while the door mounting and body supports are/were in wood, the area above the doors before the roof insert is in steel. <O:p</O:p

I also received a complete spare frame and leaf springs but its slightly longer than the one currently under the vehicle, the front and rear spring mounts also look a bit different, the chassis under the body is roughly 3828mm, the spare chassis is 3890mm (both measured from the centre of the furthers rear spring mount to centre of the furthest front spring mount). I also have the remains of a few wheels (some with front brakes which the 28 should have, some without) as well as some very interesting things done like the front axle that is mounted upside down in what looked to be a setup used for having oxen pull it somewhere in its neglected past.<O:p</O:p

Maybe someone on this forum can identify the body

I hope these links work, will host some good hi-def pictures soon.

Many thanks!

Fantastic,thank you gentlemen, it looks exactly right! I see the frame/chassis looks likethe spare one I got with the vehicle (by the shape of the spring mounts)<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Bill wouldyou mind if I emailed you for one or two basic dimensions? the whole rear ofthe floor in my car is rusted out and I will need to build a jig to hold it allin place while I replace those sections. <o:p></o:p>