1930 Chrysler rear floor

Guest monkmonkey

Guest monkmonkey

I'm trying to remove the rear floor pan on my '30 series 70. Is there a guide on how to do it? I'm trying to remove the large wood planks on each side of the floorboard. Please I need help.

Those large wood planks running front to back are called sills and usually cannot be removed from the car with the sheet metal in place. The wood framework was assembled first then the sheetmetal was nailed in place. You will find that the fasteners that hold the wood together are under the sheetmetal. I have no specific knowledge of your car but generally this is how bodies were built.

post-55453-143139256825_thumb.jpgDoes your rear floor look like this?? I have a 30 CJ-6.

The wooden plank or body sill is held in place by several carriage bolts and several slotted head, counter sunk wood screws. I was just looking at it and making up my mind on wether to remove both sills to make cleaning / painting the underside of the body easier. If I do remove both sills I am going to have my friend duplicate and make about 10 pairs from whatever kind of wood they were made from. From the cowl to mid-ship should be the same for sedans and coups.

As I took these pictures I was also thinking about what a task it would be to duplicate the floors. You are the second person that is asking about rear floors. I can get you more detailed pictures if you need them. I don't know if there is a seam under the rear seat bottom trim, but I will explore with a mirror and light. I do know the floor is spot welded across the back, under the body. (might be wrong). Will explore and take pictures.

Anything else E me.

harmatukbill@gmail

Bill H

post-55453-143139256747_thumb.jpg

post-55453-1431392568_thumb.jpg