Window sweeper install

Guest REX STALLION

Guest REX STALLION

Greetings, Can anyone show me how the window sweeper attaches to the outside on my `64 ? I can see how the sweeper attaches to the inside door panel but as I bought this car disassembled, I don`t have a clue. The body service manual mentions that it attaches to the outer molding. I checked the moldings and there is no sweeper :confused: a picture would help a great deal. Thanks in advance, Scott.

your new sweep rolled edge (metal) should butt up to bottom of rolled edge of trim.dont know if your doing the factory correct-i used poprivets-then ground off backs-would show picture but havent figured how to post.hope this helps.t.nugent roa 12969......

Guest 1963 Riviera

HI, Sweeper AKA door fuzzies are secured with staples. When purchasing a new set, staples are provided BUT purchasing extra staples are IMPOSSIBLE to locate as I have looked everywhere. I am installing new door panels and have the same problem. So I will have to use the rivet method or make my own from wire......Mr Nugent, we would love to see photos of the rivet work and/or what size did you use

RIVI'S FOREVER

1963 riviera-dont know how to post picks-i used 1/8th-had to grind backs down for fit in some areas-also loosen vent window bolts(mark location) for inside door panel easier instalation.these kits are high priced but when you see how there built you can understand cost.hope this helps.t.nugent roa 12969.

Don't use pop rivets. That's a tacky fix and looks cheap! IMO The inners are secured with staples available from Restoration Specialties. Yes,the staples are a little thicker than the original but the holes can be enlarged and are bent over with a pair of channellocks. You must make sure the staple is below the fuzzie or it may rub the glass. If the outers mount to the door . you need a good set they should also be available from Restoration Specialties in PA (814-467-98420 as they are one of the major manufactures of aftermarket beltstrips and seals. It's never a good idea to do it wrong when you can do it correctly!