Stromberg UU-2 Carb

Guest Tlawton

Guest Tlawton

Howdy,

So, I am new here and hope to be able to become a useful member of the community. One of the many:D projects that I am working on is a 1934 Studebaker President.

This car has a Stromberg UU-2 carb(don't know if original or not). And I was wondering if any of you had and could post the settings(float level, economizer valve, ECT) for me.

Thanks,

Tom

The Stromberg UU-2 is an updraft carb that was used on the big President engines from 1929-31. It was also used on the smaller Commander and Dictator cars of the same period but had a smaller venturi size than the President. The '34 President had a 250 c.i. engine and it utilized a down draft EE-22 Stromberg carb. Maybe you have the wrong engine or ? In any event I have all the specs insofar as settings, jets etc. You should however find out why your '34 President would have an updraft carb. Send a photo or engine number for confirmation.

Guest Tlawton

Thank you for your reply and the info. Could be the wrong engine, it is a straight L head eight. Updraft carb. I am not close to the car right now but I will post the engine number tomorrow.

Thanks,

Tom

All the Studebaker Eights from 1928-42 were L-Head design. Just different in detail. In any event your '34 should not have an updraft carb. In looking for the engine number look first for a number stamped into the block. In the 1929-33 era it was on a boss on the left front of the engine. You may also find a casting number on the lower left center of the block that starts with a letter, like I,J, K followed by numbers. That is the date code.