Brass Packard radiator

West Peterson

Hi,,,Doesn't look like Packard to me,,,C,Schmidt used the Mors radiator silloette on the inside curves,,,that is the CORE outline and that continued til around 1926,,

1905-6 Packard had the fan on the radiator,,,but somehow this doesn't look right,, and there arent many '06 Packards left

Rod Bloods 24hp tourer had horozontal tubes in the "core"' like the "snake" tube of a Panhard-Levassor,,

[before honeycomb]

Rod also had a look alike radiator,,we ponderd over it many english muffins with no answer,,It was NOT Thomas either!

Sorry this doesnt really help,,,but might put light on something,,Memories from 92 Prince st

,aka the Bloodshed,,Cheers,,Ben

1907 had a 4 blade fan,,,,,I think???

1907 did not have a rim [ Rods runabout ]

1907,fan mounted on engine bracket

1906 fan mounted to radiator,,

all above had screw cap

1908 had turn nob on cap

Cheers Ben

• 4 months later...
Guest Aaron M.

I think Elmore is correct.

According to Beverly Rae Kimes in the Automobile Quarterly 17 #2 the Briscoe Manufacturing Company was the company started by Benjamin Briscoe in 1886 when he was 19 years old, initially producing sheet metal goods such as pails and sprinkling cans. In 1901 J.P. Morgan invested the sizeable sum of $100,000.00 in Briscoe's company, and 1902 he met Ransom Olds (founder of Olds Motor

Works, bought in 1899 by S.L. Smith, and designer of the 1901 curved-dash Oldsmobile) and his engineer at the time Jonathan D. Maxwell (with whom he would later form Maxwell-Briscoe in 1904) and commenced the production of radiators and other automotive products for Olds Motor Works and other companies.

Given the connection between Briscoe and Maxwell it's understandable why someone might have concluded that a Maxwell script belongs on the radiator.

The following 1910 Briscoe Manufacturing Company ad gleaned from the internet gives an indication of the range of goods produced.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183783[/ATTACH]

I hope this is of some help.

Regards,

Aaron.