model A transmission that came with my C engine

v12lincoln

Hope these pics work. I have this trans that was hooked up to a C engine, here are a few differences you will notice. The oil fill is on other side, the pedal shaft is short on the newer trans, the top plate is longer, the U joint coupler that bolts to the back of trans (which I dont have for the newer trans) has 6 bolts instead of 4., The trans has syncros for 2-3. There is no place to mount the radius ball. Should add a picture for that.

Anyone have any fixes for this so I can use it in my 31 model A?

post-32161-143139217415_thumb.jpg

post-32161-143139217423_thumb.jpg

post-32161-143139217431_thumb.jpg

post-32161-143139217437_thumb.jpg

There is an adapter kit out there that allows the use of a Model B or later transmission to fit onto a Model A. You can use some or all of these parts to adapt it to your B engine that you are installing in your Model A as it includes the pedal adapters, radius rod adapter, etc. Snyder's sells the complete kit as well as individual parts. They also have the instructions for this kit online in their catalog which can be downloaded so you can see what you are getting into and how the kit installs. I have used two of these kits and they work great. You can't make the parts for what they charge!

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/3937

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)

Anyone doing a conversion like this call Bert's model A center for all your parts. They had everything I needed CHEAP and were the only ones I talked to that knew exactly what I was talking about and the parts that I needed and some I didnt even think I needed until looking at the two transmissions side by side.

Bert's model A center 1-800-321-1931