63 riv PCV valve

Guest Steeleco

Guest Steeleco

Question, can you buy a PCV valve from Autozone or similar parts store and just install it or does is require some kind of calibration? This is another question I must have known the answer to 40 years ago.

Thanks,

Steele

Question, can you buy a PCV valve from Autozone or similar parts store and just install it or does is require some kind of calibration? This is another question I must have known the answer to 40 years ago.

Thanks,

Steele

Greetings,Steele. I'm sure your PCV valve is identical to my '65,which is ready to out of the box & pops into a rubber grommet on one valve cover, and connects to a thick hose leading to a block fitting at the base of the carb ( or possibly into the air cleaner on your car)......however, I highly recommend NAPA Auto Parts over the others, if there's one near you....they're fewer and far between, but there's almost always an old school guy there who knows exactly what you need and can give advice. The other stores are everywhere, but most of the youngsters behind the computers have no knowledge of a 63 Riv. Good luck!