interior wood panel maker

Guest rls65rls

Guest rls65rls

hello everyone, my riv is not a numbers matching car so its a mild custom.with that said, Id like to have some burl wood laminate made for the interior panels.has anyone made or know someone who can cut this to size if I sent them the material. thanks for any info.

Guest REX STALLION

Greetings, I used Birdseye Maple for mine. I removed the existing veneer with Lacquer thinner and used the veneer as a template . The veneer I used came with a Kraft paper backing.I used 3-M spray 77 to attach the new veneers. I used a poly urethane finish on top to protect the veneer. I think thats about it. PM me if you have any problems.

Scott

if you want a crisp edge on the black stripe,youll have to fill the wood grain so the black doesnt bleed in grain.another trick when painting stripes on anything is spray the edge of your tape with a quickdry clear to seal the edge so it wont bleed.ive used this on stripes on walls-etc.....t.nugent retired painter roa 12969

Guest rls65rls
if you want a crisp edge on the black stripe,youll have to fill the wood grain so the black doesnt bleed in grain.another trick when painting stripes on anything is spray the edge of your tape with a quickdry clear to seal the edge so it wont bleed.ive used this on stripes on walls-etc.....t.nugent retired painter roa 12969

thanks for the info, but how did you cut the vaneer or wood I don't have any wood working skills,looking to have it cut for me... thanks rls65rls