A Chrysler ?

Joris

Who can help. This car was subject of a contest at my site PreWarCar.com At the moment we are not sure it is a Chrysler or what. <BR>Full picture at <BR>Does anybody has a photo of a similar car? <P>Answers please to:<P> info@prewarcar.com <BR>Thanks Joris <BR> whatisit_280402_600.jpg <A HREF="http://www.prewarcar.com" TARGET=_blank>PreWarCar.com</A><p>[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: Joris Bergsma ]

Guest De Soto Frank

Joris,<P>Have looked at this picture and the photo on your web-site.<P>I'm going to say 1924-25 Chrysler B-70 six-cyl.<P>It's a little hard to tell for sure, as the photo is slightly fuzzy and I can't make out the badge on the radiator shell.<BR>However the "wax-seal" motif on the headlight "doors" matches the old Chrysler badge, and I think that's an "olde-English" type letter "C" on the hub caps.<BR>It does also resemble an early twenties Olds; but I'm sticking with Chrysler. grin.gif" border="0 <BR>(Yeah, that's me; MoPar to the core! tongue.gif" border="0 )<P>Camping trip or just the usual gear you'd pack for a "grocery-run into town", 1925-style?<P>Great photo! Brought back great memories of last-year's chance to drive one of these cars! What a treat!<P>Cheers,

Guest De Soto Frank

1937HD45,<P>I'd never seen it either until I was at a car show when I was in my late teens, and someone was selling lapel (hat?) pins, so I got one with the De Soto "coat of arms" and another for Chrysler, which was the Gold "wax-seal" with two ribbon "tails" at the bottom, and the "chrysler" name slanting upwards from the left, with lightning bolts above and below the name. It had red cloisinne in the center around the name.<P>This "seal" is also the center of the "Wings of Speed" motif on the center of the horn button of my '48 New Yorker.<BR>I've seen it on Chryslers up through the early '50s.<BR>I believe Chrysler Corp. "re-discovered" this old badge and is again putting it on its cars, similar to Olds re-viving their old "scroll" badge of '20s during the 1980's.<P>Yep, it looks just like the impression those "seal rings" that nobles used to officiate their correspondence back in the "gallant" ages. smile.gif" border="0

Guest De Soto Frank

Joris, et al<P>I'm revising my guess on the "mystery car":<BR>I think it's a '25-'27 Chrysler; all the photos I have of the '24 model year do not seam to feature the "wax-seal" headlight "doors", and the fender crowns appear to not so deep as on this car.<P>But it's definitely Chrysler!<P> grin.gif" border="0 <P>Regards,<P>Frank

Guest stude8

If you go to Hemmings May, 2002 pg 2787 and compare the Chrysler Museum image, there is a very close resemblance to the mystery car, lights vary some but the shroud and fender contours are the same. Stude8