Best way to clean a 65 wood wheel and also 4 note horns?

cjp69

The "wood" wheel is not real wood, but I don't know from what it's made. I'd start with a mild soap and water on the wheel itself and work up from there. The chrome responds nicely to #0000 (count them - 4) "four ought" steel wool. The bars on the horn are susceptiple to breaking off. Becareful with them. If you even have need to honk the horn with one of these wheels, use your index finger and press up from the back. Clarks Corvair sells a wood horn kit that includes new innards.

If you google "trumpet horn restoration - chip" you'll find and article he wrote on how to revive them including how to de-rust them. He's written a lot of other neat articles as well. Look at the left column of the horn restoration article for a list of other "saves."

Ed

The "wood" wheel is not real wood, but I don't know from what it's made. I'd start with a mild soap and water on the wheel itself and work up from there. The chrome responds nicely to #0000 (count them - 4) "four ought" steel wool. The bars on the horn are susceptiple to breaking off. Becareful with them. If you even have need to honk the horn with one of these wheels, use your index finger and press up from the back. Clarks Corvair sells a wood horn kit that includes new innards.

If you google "trumpet horn restoration - chip" you'll find and article he wrote on how to revive them including how to de-rust them. He's written a lot of other neat articles as well. Look at the left column of the horn restoration article for a list of other "saves."

Ed

Thanks Ed!

Here is the link: Trumpet horn restoration