Pennsylvania wood man?

Guest 51c8Joe

Guest 51c8Joe

Late last year I spoke by telephone with a gentleman in Pennsylvania who made replacement wood for early Pontiacs. I cannot find his name or number, but surely someone on the forum has used his product or at least heard of him. Any help tracking him down would be appreciated. I remember he said he was getting old and was going to quit the wood business. He would probably be in his 60's or 70's if that jogs anyones mind. Thanks for any help you might give.

Joe

That would have bee David Entler. 10903 N.Main St. Ext, Glen Rock PA, 17327-8373.

There are others:You can try these guys:

Jim Rodman 1931-36 Wood Kits and Separate parts, Box 86 Wheeler Street, Hanna, IN 46340 (219) 797-3775

Classic Wood, 1006 Raleigh St. Greensboro, NC 27405

Woodworking, restoration wood all years. Ph (1-336-691-1344)

New Era Motors POB 578 Brush Prairie, WA 98606

Woodworking, painting, Body metal restoration. Ph (1-360-573-8788)

David J. Entler Restorations - 10903 N. Main St. Ext - Glen Rock, PA 17327-8373 - Quality Chevrolet wood 1933-36 Cars and Trucks. Kits and separate pieces.

Classic Wood Mfg. - Mr. Goodwood - 1006 Raleigh St. - Greensboro, NC 27405 - Chevrolet wood for 1925-36 cars and trucks. Complete kits available on some models and partial kits on others. Original patterns needed for missing components. 15 years experience.

and here's a few good pages with lots of info and links for early chevy stuff

Guest 51c8Joe

Thank you all for your help, David Entler is the guy I've been looking for. I responded to a query about wood sources and my corespondent (the owner of a 27 Pontiac) has not had any luck with the more established wood providers. I remembered that Mr Entler mentioned having original blueprints or patterns for Pontiac, and have been trying to put my friend in contact with him. Thanks again for all of your input.

Joe

I have known Dave for many years but have not spoken to him in quite a while. His shop is only about 3 miles from ours.

If he indeed has retired from woodworking and if he still has patterns maybe he would loan/sell us his patterns and we could continue his work. We never started saving patterns for GMC vehicles only because that was his specialty. I'm not much younger than Dave but we have a full time woodworker and my Son is slowly taking over the business. Glad to help in any way we can, including tracking down Mr Entler if you have no luck. I can literally almost see his home/shop from here.

• 4 years later...
Guest mark_gasser@hotmail.com

restorer32, are you now making wood kits and parts for 1931 Pontiac coupes? . or know who does?

We are not making kits but if you have patterns we can reproduce your wood. We also rewood cars that are brought to us. We have a full time man who does nothing but wood work. It would likely be more economical if you can find someone who does in fact make kits but failing that we can certainly help you out. We have done a lot, and I mean a LOT of woodwork in our 37 years in business. We have rewooded everything from maybe 20 Packards, to a Kissel Gold Bug, a '31 Chev, an L29 Cord and numerous other cars. In the shop right now we have a '42 Packard Civil Defense ambbulance which must have half a cord of wood in it (only half joking) and we are reconstructing a '41 Chev 3/4 ton truck which carries a large ice cream vending body. Lots of wood there also. Not to mention the couple woodie wgons we recently finished. Happy to help if we can.