1939 Buick sedan front seat tracks???

airbrushguy

Abou to install my newly upholstered front seats, in my model 61. I have the front floor attachment but I have nothing that the little wheel sits in and attaches to floor at the rear of the front seat.

Does anyone have a pair they'd sell, or know where I can get them?

Thank you

also....what size are the springs that help it go front and back?

Guest Grant Magrath

Springs are about 4-5" long from memory. We didn't bother putting them in as my father's the only one driving the car anyway.

Cheers

Grant

ABG;

Dave T may have the parts. Worth a phone call

Remember we like photos of 39's

.....my father's the only one driving the car anyway.....
Eeh !! Does he not let you drive it. :)

I am in Chc for the full week after the swap meet so I hope he lets me take it for short drive up & down the street (he has offered before). :cool:

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

I have called Dave quite a few time in the last 2-3weeks. I left messages. Finally he called me back a couple of days ago, and I had found the parts I had called for. Now I need an interior door handle and these seat brackets...I called him again, but he hasn't returned my call.

seemed like a nice guy when I spoke to him but frustrating getting in touch with him.

can anyone help?

Guest Grant Magrath
ABG;

Dave T may have the parts. Worth a phone call

Remember we like photos of 39's

Eeh !! Does he not let you drive it. :)

I am in Chc for the full week after the swap meet so I hope he lets me take it for short drive up & down the street (he has offered before). :cool:

Ha ha! We use the same seat position! Got some gearbox adjustments tp make, but we've been busy moving them to their new house (they moved last weekend). Today is garage organising day! 80 Bluestone Drive, Waitikiri, off Prestons Rd, Burwood end. And you're always welcome to take her for a spin!

I second Allan's call for pictures ABG!

Cheers

Grant

. Today is garage organizing day!...
Enough for 4 cars ?

If that rice burner was still occupying space in the old place it could be left for Fletcher to crush: no need to move it. :eek: ;)

Hate to interrupt....but does anyone have any help about my seat brackets?
Have tried without success to find a photo of what you need. Dave T would be the best hope. Series 40 & 60 will be same. Could not identify the part number in the 1928-41 Master Parts List of Body Part book

39BuickEight has had his car in a million parts: he may have photo

Also in the car I bought partly disassembled (with seats out) these pair of parts may be missing so have an interest

Adding images to an album in your profile is the easiest

"Adding images to an album in your profile is the easiest"
]Click on "my profile" top right of screen On the left is icon "albumn"

In there you add images/photo. These can be public or limited viewing to "friends"

Guest Grant Magrath
Hate to interrupt....but does anyone have any help about my seat brackets?

Every time we comment, we bump your post to the top of the page, so in a way, we ARE helping! What Allan is asking is that we'd love to see pictures of your car. Is the picture that Billy put up what you're after?

Cheers

Grant

I have called Dave quite a few time in the last 2-3weeks. I left messages. ....... these seat brackets...I called him again, but he hasn't returned my call.

seemed like a nice guy when I spoke to him but frustrating getting in touch with him.

I have checked everywhere in my computer that I can and I can only come up with this one pic during fabrication. Next time I am where the parts are I can get a pic of both the old and the new.

DSC00418.jpg

.....Is the picture that Billy put up what you're after?
Billy's image is what I think ABG is after. Not that hard to fabricate. Perhaps Billy's fabricator could make as pair for you, but keep trying Dave T. Life moves slower in the midwest than in Jersey

As above I may be missing those on 1 of my cars (the best car)

I also emailed Janne in Sweden as he has his 1939 66C in pieces

Just got to computer today. Worked on Buick all day.

The picture is great. At least now I have something to go by, if I fabricate.

I had two wooden wedges, do they go under each "ramp?"

Didn't mean to be nasty about the comment on your conversations going off-topic, but I was getting hopes up each time I saw I had a message, only to see it was you guys chatting.

Thanks for the help. I try Dave everyday.post-36234-143139155183_thumb.jpg

Guest Grant Magrath

I have a suspicion that those are common amongst years and models. Should make it easier to track some down. No wooden wedges. BTW, nice car!

Cheers

Grant

Just got to computer today. Worked on Buick all day.

The picture is great. At least now I have something to go by, if I fabricate.

I had two wooden wedges, do they go under each "ramp?"

Didn't mean to be nasty about the comment on your conversations going off-topic, but I was getting hopes up each time I saw I had a message, only to see it was you guys chatting.

Thanks for the help. I try Dave everyday.[ATTACH=CONFIG]152067[/ATTACH]

Yes, the wooden wedges go under them. I have no idea why they are there, but they are.

Guest Grant Magrath

Re - those wedges, we have an early production car, and ABG and billy have later ones. Were the wedges added later on? I can't recall them on the coupe, unless it's a sedan thing!

Cheers

Grant

..Thanks for the help. I try Dave everyday.

If Mike's spares do not work, I would print Billy's image & an image of the 60 series door handle and post by snail mail to Dave T. Phoning (and leaving a message ?) every day may not be the best way.

Someone here on the forum knows Dave T well and if I recall correctly has cars stored at the same location.

But we hope Mike has helped you

Your car looks good

Edited by 1939_buick
spelling (see edit history)

Re - those wedges, we have an early production car, and ABG and billy have later ones. Were the wedges added later on? I can't recall them on the coupe, unless it's a sedan thing!
Do you mean the wooden wedges ? Doubt there is a different, but I cannot (yet) identify the part number in the Buick Parts book

Re - those wedges- I don't know. I do know there is a were many complaints about the front of the seat being to high. If any of you have the 39 Service Bullentins,see page 36. It would have been a lot easier to put a wedge under the back. I find nothing about wedges in the Service Bullentins.

The seat brackets I have look like the ones pictured, but would need measurements to be sure.

From the other thread http://forums.aaca.org/f117/1939-buick-interior-door-handle-help-335070.html

Thanks but fellow member Mike Kent came to my rescue. Wouldn't even take money.

What a great guy!

Thanks

But does he drink beer !

Is this for the seat bracket, handle, maroon plastic ring & stainless steel escutcheon ?