65 riv headliner

Guest rls65rls

Guest rls65rls

hey guys, i'm installing a new headliner in my 65 riv,and need to know what people are using to attach the front and rear of the headliner to when using the staples. is there a strip of wood that the staple get attached to in the front and rear.and if so what are you using. I can't seem to find these wood or hard cardboard strips in any of the car books.any sugestions! what ever was in mine are gone. thanks, rls65rls:confused:

hey guys, i'm installing a new headliner in my 65 riv,and need to know what people are using to attach the front and rear of the headliner to when using the staples. is there a strip of wood that the staple get attached to in the front and rear.and if so what are you using. I can't seem to find these wood or hard cardboard strips in any of the car books.any sugestions! what ever was in mine are gone. thanks, rls65rls:confused:

Instead of staples, you may want to try contact cement like what upholsterers use. It holds the fabric in place; however, if you're bent on using a carboard-like material, try using cork. Good luck,

Guest 1963 Riviera

My upholsterer says he will be using a plastic strip similar to thin kitchen chopping boards.....food for thought