Clam shells rivits

Snake

I have stripped the 65 Rivi , and it has been at the body shop now since may looking real nice, however Im going to have all the trim polished and re-chrome all the other parts like clam shells and rocker panels bumpers ect.. I removed (drilled out) the studs or rivits on the clam shells, where do I get new ones from. Does anyone know.

I have stripped the 65 Rivi , and it has been at the body shop now since may looking real nice, however Im going to have all the trim polished and re-chrome all the other parts like clam shells and rocker panels bumpers ect.. I removed (drilled out) the studs or rivits on the clam shells, where do I get new ones from. Does anyone know.

Hmmmm...that's a tough one. Looking back, you probably could have had the clams polished or plated without taking them apart. Proper alignment is critical for proper fit. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

For the rivets, check out Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc. | Windber, PA 15963 They have a number of rivets on page 205 of their on-line catalog. Sorry that I did not have time to measure mine but these people carry a lot of nuts, bolts and fasteners and you have to measure what you have. They are good people to deal with. If you find something that works please post back on here how the whole process went. Good luck!