Help

Guest Hans Ryser

Guest Hans Ryser

Hello all, I need some help to identify a car I have had for years, but is in rough shape with many parts including badges missing. It is a 1933 Mercedes 4-door convertible, the documentation says it was purchased in Germany in 1953, also states it is a 600 with a body by Vanden Plas, model number or serial number 93206. However on the internet I cannot find a model 600 or a Mercedes with a body by Vanden Plas so I am greatly confused. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Hans

Hans, try posting in the CCCA section. While I am not 100% sure your car is on a Classic chassis, their are a couple of very knowledgeable MB guys who frequent that part of the forum and will likely try to help you.

A picture is worth a thousand words also - try to add one if possible... A prewar MB, or any MB with a Vandan Plas body would be pretty unusual.

There was a 600 but it was later, like 1941-2, does your car look like that more sweeping lines-era of MB or is it more squared-off like a 500 Nurburg? Yes, photos would be idea. Sounds like it's an earlier car misidentified as a later in documents, or perhaps a later car that someone simply got the year wrong but seeing the car will answer that. It would be unusual if it was bodied by VP, but if we know anything, it's that anything is possible when you combine wealth and customization of early cars.