Help Sourcing Parts - 33 Studebaker Commander 8 Convertible sedan - India

Guest wasif

Guest wasif

Dear Friends.

The restoration of the 33 Studebaker Commander 8 Convertibel Sedan, which you all helped in correctly identifying, has started in India.

The restorer is a young man by the name of Allen Almeida and he has sent me this list of parts he is looking to source for this car.

We need help in locating and contacting suppliers who may be anle to sell these parts that are needed to compelte this restoration.

Any help from the studebaker Experts will be much apprecuated.

List is as below. Pic of the car is also attached. Car has the following VIN Number - VIN: 73 S 2 30 .

TAIL LIGHT GLASS LEFT SIDE >

FUEL CAP ><o:p></o>

FRONT REAR NO. PLATE & BRACKETS><o:p></o>

TRUNK LOCK & KEYS><o:p></o>

TRUNK TRIM (RT. SIDE ON TRUNK LID)><o:p></o>

REAR GLASS FRAME ><o:p></o>

REAR SEAT HANDREST CENTRE><o:p></o>

REAR SEAT HANDREST SIDES><o:p></o>

ALL DOOR INSIDE DOVE TAIL RUBBER ><o:p></o>

ASHTRAY RESTORE ><o:p></o>

REAR VIEW MIRROR><o:p></o>

IGNITION SWITCH ><o:p></o>

SPEEDO METER><o:p></o>

TEMP. GUAGE><o:p></o>

WINDSCREEN GLASS HOLD/ SWAYING BRACKET>

PEDAL PADS><o:p></o>

FOOT BOARD PATTI><o:p></o>

RUNNING BOARD RUBBER >

WIND SCREEN GLASS (ALL GLASS) ><o:p></o>

WIND SCREEN WIPER ARM AND BLADES

SPAREWHEEL HOLDER BOLT

SPAREWHEEL HOLDER FLY NUT

FRONT GRILL CRANK HOLE COVER

REPAIR HEADLIGHT , PARKING LIGHT

AIR CLEANER

CHROME WIRE WHEELS

WINDSCREEN OPENER FLY NUTS

THROTTLE LEVER ON STEERING

FRONT LEFT WINDER REPAIR

WIPER KNOB

post-61014-143139112858_thumb.jpg

post-61014-14313911286_thumb.jpg

Some stuff available here. www.restorationstuff.com All glass is flat so a good glass shop should be able to cut new glass using old glass as patterns. Some items are specific to 1933 and may be difficult to source because that year was the worst sales year for many auto makers, Studebaker included.

Terry

Guest wasif
Some stuff available here. www.restorationstuff.com All glass is flat so a good glass shop should be able to cut new glass using old glass as patterns. Some items are specific to 1933 and may be difficult to source because that year was the worst sales year for many auto makers, Studebaker included.

Terry

Thank you Terry .....any further leads will be much appreciated

Guest Doug's Dirt

I've got a 34 dictator I will not be using the spare wheel holders. I am not sure if they will work with what you need. Let me know if you are interested and if so how I can send you a pic of them.

Incidently I am looking for rear fenders for this car. Looks to me like I can make fenders from a 35 work.

Guest wasif
I've got a 34 dictator I will not be using the spare wheel holders. I am not sure if they will work with what you need. Let me know if you are interested and if so how I can send you a pic of them.

Incidently I am looking for rear fenders for this car. Looks to me like I can make fenders from a 35 work.

Thanks Dough a picture will be mucb appreciated' date=' the email is wsfahmed@yahoo.com

Guest stude8

Look at this web site for Studebaker reproduction parts including running board rubber pieces.

Studebaker Reproduction Parts Listing

Attached is an image of their 1933 rubber mats, the length may not be correct for your convertible sedan due to its long length, compare your measurements with what is shown in the photo [ 42 and 5/8 inches ].

Stude8

post-31139-143139124266_thumb.jpg

Guest stude8

Wasif

I scanned 4 pages of data from the 1929-40 Studebaker Chassis Parts catalog, these pages cover the side mount spare tire attachment system. You can see on Pg 293 there are illustrations that show the various styles of spare tire mounts used then. The one used on your car is "F", next if you look at the ILL item numbers 1 thru 16 they are listed on the following pages from 293 to 296. To find the correct Studebaker 6 digit part number for the part you need follow down the columns by ILL 1 thru 16 and read the line listed for "Model 73" (1933 Commander 8 is model 73) after the #73 code will be the 6 digit number for the part.

Example:

Group L15

ILL 1 Arm, carrier #73 = 257127W (RIGHT SIDE); 257128W (Left Side)

ILL 2 Bracket, arm dash #73 = 257298 (RH); 257299 (LH)

ILL 4 Shaft, carrier lock #73 = 257574W

ILL 5 Shaft, carrier #73 = 256810W

ILL 6 Clamp, carrier lock #73 = 256668W

ILL 8 Winged screw #73 = 301796W

ILL 10 Pad, carrier clamp rubber #73 = 302049

ILL 11 Grommet, carrier arm rubber #73 = 239439

ILL 12 Grommet, carrier shaft rubber #73 = 239439

ILL 16 Bushing, carrier arm rubber #73 = 256317

Group L16

ILL 2 Cylinder lock w/keys #73 = 256766

ILL 6 Nut, 1/2" 20 tpi #73 = 168524

New reproduction copies of Studebaker parts catalog's are published by FAXON Auto Literature, 3901 Carter Av, Riverside, CA 92501, 1-800-458-2734 or online at Faxon | Shop Manuals for Car & Truck Owners | DIY Service, Repair or Maintenance

Having a copy of the parts catalogs (there is a BODY PARTS and a CHASSIS PARTS book for each model) for your 1933 Commander 8 model 73 would be helpful to identify any parts you require by the Studebaker part number to insure you get the correct part you need. They also published service manuals that instruct how to repair all the systems in the car.

Stude8

post-31139-143139124871_thumb.jpg

post-31139-143139124808_thumb.jpg

post-31139-143139124837_thumb.jpg

post-31139-143139124853_thumb.jpg

Guest wasif

Thanks, my friend in India who is restoring the car, his name is Allen, will be very happy with this and will be in touch with you soon.

You guys are such a great help, its much appreciated

• 1 month later...