Felpro headgasket

I own a 1969 skylark with a stock 350 with a holley 2bbl carb. Im installing all new gaskets from the heads up and i ran into a tiny problem. I noticed that a part of the head gasket covers a water port thats below the the #1 cylinder on the block. I looked in the TA performence catalog and their copper head gaskets were exactly the same as the Felpro gasket for the exception that there is a small hole in the flange that covers the water port. I was wondering if i could drill a small hole in my gasket and would it make a difference or would i hurt anything.I talked to a guy at Vic Hubbards auto parts and he said that flange might be there to redirect the water else where in the engine.Although i noticed theres a port in the head also where the port onthe block will match up . Please help me mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

If you have the correct gasket for the appropiate application, then install them as is. It is not a good idea to modify or alter a head gasket.<BR> Doing so can compromise the intergity of the gasket's sealing efficiency and lead to further problems.<BR>There probably is a good reason for this gaskets specific design.<P>Ron Joseph<P><BR>Ron's Custom Auto<BR>Merkel performance Engines<P>1-800-718-7667

Trust nothing! There are many, many instances when a major manufacturer of parts makes a blunder.<BR>What'd your old head gasket have? If that's the original gasket, I'd go with that as the template.<BR>Call the guys at TA performance and see what they have to say.<BR>I can't see Buick putting a water passage in a block and head, and not really needing it.<BR>-Brad