Master 6 transmission Lock

Guest Phil Cordery

Guest Phil Cordery

Ongoing restoration of my 1926, 6-45 master 6, I have discovered that the Transmission Lock is in the lock position, I do have a key but this only turns 3/4 turn, any offers of advice on how to release the lock so I can change gear, I suppose I might have the wrong Key, but the 2 keys are marked as being correct for my car on the label.

Also still need Info about the Side Screen screw in fittings, who makes them where can I source,

these screw into the side of body & the holes they fit in are about 1/2" dia, so I must get the same fitting.

On my 1925 standard there is a set screw on the left side of the lock post to remove the entire lock. I could not remove my key. So I removed the lock, sprayed penitrating oil inside the unit, blew out with compressed air then lubricated with graphite lock lube. Key is easly removed now and works well. These type of locks accumulate much grit because of their position. Which cause them to bind up at times.

Larry

1925-25

1937-41

Guest Phil Cordery
Phil,

Do you need a photo of the screws & fittings you need?

Transmission Lock sorted, not much of a Anti Theft device, mine came out easily, now have gears.

But I suppose you had to know about it to steal the car. just like me I never even saw the grub screw hole. many thanks for the Info.

Still need a source for the Side Body screw/pegs sidescreen anchors, who makes them & what are they called.

Guest Phil Cordery
Phil,

Do you need a photo of the screws & fittings you need?

yes please , & a source for these body fittings, I think I have 5-6 on each side of the body,

I cannot find anyone that has even heard of them,Thanks Phil