1938 Dodge 1.5T truck wheel color code?

RSayak

I am looking for the correct paint color code to get some paint mixed to repaint the wheels on a 1938 Dodge 1.5 Ton single rear wheel truck (I believe it's an RE-31). The truck still has its original paint, which is dark blue and the wheels are some sort of red, which is mostly worn off, surface rusted and faded. I'm replacing some tires soon, so I would like to paint them the proper color while everything is apart.

Also, I have seen some trucks with the outer wheel lock rings painted silver, or black, or is it more correct to have the lock ring the same color as the wheels?

I'm hoping someone with more knowledge on this could point me in the right direction.

Rej

The book "The Dodge Story" shows the RE series trucks with split rims to have silver rings, but I am sure someone else has more knowledge about those big trucks than I.

I found the Ditzler chips on Autocolorlobrary. It looks like the truck is "Suburban Blue", but the wheels cold be "20th Century Red" or "Atlanta Orange". It's hard to tell.

I'm not sure how to get a spray can of this paint mixed locally. I know one of the local paint supply places here won't sell anything but waterborne stuff and they threw out any paint recipes that were older than 10 years old a few years ago. Fun times!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]146129[/ATTACH]

The book "The Dodge Story" shows the RE series trucks with split rims to have silver rings, but I am sure someone else has more knowledge about those big trucks than I.

I think you're right on the silver rings. I found some brochures listed on eBay and that's what they look like. Must be a similar silver to the engine color I guess.