Bill Hines Leading Video

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

This may have been on here before but I find it fascinating and wanted to share it. It's a video I found on youtube of "Wild Bill" Hines AKA "The Leadslinger" demonstrating how to lead a car. I think it was done in George Barris' shop as he's standing there blathering on like old George likes to do.:) Check out Bill lighting his ever-present cigar with the torch at 8:20.:cool: I WILL learn how to do this one day. Leading kits are available and I can't wait to give it a go. Enjoy!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jQ_85fp1avs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Guest Mochet

Thanks; a classic. Nice to know you can use mercury flux, lead filler, smoke cigars and keep working for 70 years! Here's a fun visit to his shop a few years back from the HAMB.

Phil

Thanks; a classic. Nice to know you can use mercury flux, lead filler, smoke cigars and keep working for 70 years! Here's a fun visit to his shop a few years back from the HAMB.

Phil

Not to mention all the paint fumes and sanding dust. I don't know how he survives. All the old time bodymen of his age, died forty years ago.