1967 Chrysler New Yorker Need Some Help Exhaust!

Guest gearheadmike

Guest gearheadmike

I have a 67 NY'er i just got with the 440 and id like to put headers on the car but i dont know what ones will fit seeing as it does have power steering/brakes i found these but im unsure if they will fit.

67 1967 Chrysler New Yorker Hedman Hedders Exhaust Header 78030 for Base8 Cyl 7.2L - Auto Parts Network name:Exhaust+Header_model:New+Yorker_year:1967_

o if anyone else might know of a reasonably priced set that will?

post-86644-143139088296_thumb.png

The items that you link to look as though they would fit. I see it says there may be a modification to the shift linkage necessary. You know, the original magnum manifolds are about the best for flow if you can't find better aftermarket items.

Headers on that car are more or less a waste of money. The original manifolds flow better than you would think. You will get practically as much out of dual exhausts, which can be made by a local muffler shop.

The New Yorker motor is the same as the one they used in 440 six pack cars, except with a 4 barrel carb. If you get it running right you will think you are driving a Caddy with an afterburner.

Concentrate on tuning the motor up. If it has good compression and good oil pressure, that is all it should need. Don't forget to change the oil in the trans, and rear axle, and check the universal joints.

Guest gearheadmike

runs good chaged oil going to end up going with points converter but the trans fluid and filter should i really change them as its has 104k i herd sometimes that will cause a trans to start slipping. Right now im having a VERY! hard time finding a headlight switch for it as its a toggel type and i dont have dash lights ugh

runs good chaged oil going to end up going with points converter but the trans fluid and filter should i really change them as its has 104k i herd sometimes that will cause a trans to start slipping. Right now im having a VERY! hard time finding a headlight switch for it as its a toggel type and i dont have dash lights ugh

Doesn't that car have a thumbwheel switch for the dash lights? Did you check the "instruments" fuse? If you have no taillights and no dash lights, it's probably a fuse.

Guest gearheadmike

it has a 3 way toggle type and i checked the fuses and all are good. i have working turn signals i have brake lights i puled the switch apart and it was all corroded i cleaned it some and worked for a little bit but now its not and i cant find a replacment switch anywhere also the flasher switch dosnt seem to work