delco Starter Generators

Hi all

I have 6 Delco Starter Generators for sale

4 x D - 188 (one parts only)

1 x D - 145

All have a plaque with various patern dates ending with Feb 15th 1916

1 x H 12430 circa 1913/14 (not Cadillac) it was suggested to me Hudson but I'm not sure?

Please email for details and photos, thanks

Russell

RE 145 Books I have show Delco on some cars without listing the model of the units. Also it could be for other than a car ( truck, ambulance, etc.) or sold for foreign installation. For example my books do not show a special 1918 thru early 1920s distributor that was original equipment on Hisspano-Suiza.

Hi Layton

Thanks.

The photo of the starter generator in my previous post only has the stamping H 12430 no plaque indicating manafacturer, I assume this is "H" serise and the 12,430rd one produced. It certinally looks circa 1913/14 (based on Cadillac starters I had) though it is definatly not not Cadillac. It apears it is designed along the Kettering lines, so I assume it would be off a car that would have move to electric starter very early, but ot necessarly a GM product as I don't think Kettering was brough under the GM umbrella till about 1918?

• 2 months later...

Hi Russell-

I can definitely identify your unidentified DELCO starter/generator H12430 as model MG-2 as used on 1913 Hudson, 1913 Cole, etc. It is a mirror-image of the 1912 Cadillac unit (MG-1).

These units use the 6-and-24 volt electrical system.

I know a restorer in Australia, Graeme Edwards, that probably needs this for his 1913 Hudson Model 54.

If he doesn't, I do.

Bill

• 11 years later...
On 6/26/2012 at 4:43 PM, R Holden said:

Hi Layton

Thanks. Do you know what the D 145 fits? and this early one? Russell

post-31639-143139073467_thumb.jpg

post-31639-143139073446_thumb.jpg

Hi Russell, do you still have any of these delco starters available that are suitable for the 1913 Hudson?? I am restoring a Hudson and am in need of one of these please. Regards, Mathew

15 minutes ago, R Holden said:

Hi Matt

They are sitting under a shelf I have not looked at them for years, bey yes there are still there.

Awesome thanks. Could you please send me some photos to my email if it is ok as I am needing it for a restoration of a Hudson for the one that was referred to from another enthusiast in your thread 

The unidentified DELCO starter/generator H12430 as model MG-2 as used on 1913 Hudson.

My email is : Mathew@conekings.com

Thanks so much for the reply and look forward to hearing from you.

On 2/28/2024 at 4:11 PM, Hudson33 said:

Awesome thanks. Could you please send me some photos to my email if it is ok as I am needing it for a restoration of a Hudson for the one that was referred to from another enthusiast in your thread 

The unidentified DELCO starter/generator H12430 as model MG-2 as used on 1913 Hudson.

My email is : Mathew@conekings.com

Thanks so much for the reply and look forward to hearing from you.

On 2/28/2024 at 3:53 PM, R Holden said:

Hi Matt

They are sitting under a shelf I have not looked at them for years, bey yes there are still there.

Hi there, just wondering if you can send me your number so I can give you a call about the Hudson starter?

Thanks Mathew