HPOF Reference List?

Bob Stein

I may have missed this on the Forum site, but is there a location for finding original cars for restoration reference? We have the HPOF and Originals classifications to encourage preservation of original cars, but there does not seem to be any way for these invaluable resources to be located other than a chance encounter at a show. The AACA Library does not have this information, either. I am trying to find out paint trim details (pinstripe and wheel treatment) for a recently acquired 1937 Pontiac 2619, and being able to see a few photos of an unrestored car with original trim would be a huge help.

Bob,

There is not a master list available online that I am aware of. You could with a little bit of work, look at all of the meet results online and do a search for 1937 Pontiac. That would get you down to a name and a town if there is an appropriate HPOF 1937 Pontiac for you to look at. If you get that far, I would suspect that headquarters could contact the owner to facilitate them getting in touch with you.