Sunroof Question ???

Maintool-GS

They call it a seal, but if it really was, it would be more "L" shaped so the bottom edge of the moving part of the sunroof would seal when closed. I believe it keeps some of the water out but is mostly to keep out leaves and fill the gap between the top and sunroof.

Look at the opening when the moving part is open. If water drops straight down at the seal, it does not fall into the passanger compartment, it fall on the metal base and runs down to the drains.

With that said, I do not believe it was intended to seal out water.

They call it a seal, but if it really was, it would be more "L" shaped so the bottom edge of the moving part of the sunroof would seal when closed. I believe it keeps some of the water out but is mostly to keep out leaves and fill the gap between the top and sunroof.

Look at the opening when the moving part is open. If water drops straight down at the seal, it does not fall into the passanger compartment, it fall on the metal base and runs down to the drains.

With that said, I do not believe it was intended to seal out water.

I agree. The seal really doesn't do much to seal it. It mostly relies on the metal pan and the 4 drains to keep water out. If the metal pan is rusted, you're pretty much stuck.