Funky Drive Shafts

The topic on Drive shafts got me wondering. My origional driveshaft was a P.O.S. It was two separate pieces held together by means of a rubber booty. <BR>To better describe it:<BR>____________________<BR> rubber<BR> ---------------------------<BR> ---------------------------<BR> rubber<BR>____________________<P>Kinda like that. Anyway, the fricken thing just melted one day. Was that a normal driveshaft to have on my car? Or did someone just well, put it on there for god knows what reason?<P>Car origionally:<BR>1967 Skylark w/ 340. 2dr

I had my 65 Special driveshaft modified for fitting a st400, the driveshaft guy tells me how the thing is just connected with rubber, tells me how I should just have a custom driveshaft made. This is as he is handing me my old one all fixed up, stock 35 yo rubber in place, but nice paint. Anyway, that reminds me I should get a new driveshaft for the 455 wagon before mine goes up in smoke.<P>------------------<BR>Ted Nagel<BR>65 WildcatConvSuperWcat<BR>65 WildcatAutoSuperWcat<BR>65 Wildcat4spdSuperWcat<BR>65 Riviera Wildcat 445<BR>65 Special Wagon 455<BR>70 GS Stage1 4speed<BR>66 Fleetwood Brougham?

I am the other guy with the closed driveline...open is way easier....I had a 67 wagon with a single piece driveshaft....I thought 2 parts were used only on Sr. cars and Riv....<P><BR> Irony....it took me the same amt. of time to pull the rear end and driveshaft out of my 55 as it did on my 66 Sr cars I have had...about 20 minutes/half hour...<P><BR> don55