Rear view mirror (inside)

Foxlovescars

Hey guys:

1965 Riviera--The glass in my day/night inside rear view mirror is badly deteriorated. What do most members do to correct this problem in their Rivieras? The CARS Inc. catalog shows an exact replacement on page 53, but it has been discontinued. I found numerous day/night mirrors on Ebay that appear close in style, but not original.

Can someone recommend a person or company that you have used successfully in the past to replace the glass?

Frank O'Donnell

Charlottesville, VA

Solved my own problem! Narrowed my search of 35,195 "rear view mirror" entries on Ebay down to 135 entries by changing the search to read "antique mirror parts". Up pops what looks like the exact reproduction 10" rear view mirror with the correct black day/night twist knob for $57 plus $8.50 shipping. Comes from a company called "baileysgarage". I will post again after I receive the mirror just to let you know if it is exactly like the original.

Frank

Chuck:

The mirror I purchased is an exact duplicate of the original that was in my car. My '65 mirror did not have a color-keyed trim around the perimeter. It was all polished chrome out to the edges. Do you have a close-up picture of a '65 that has the border you are referring to?

Frank