63 Riviera door sags

Guest oakland

Guest oakland

The driver's side door on my 63 Riviera appears to have sagged. How hard is it to re-align the door? do I have to remove the front fender to get to the hinges etc? thanks

Guest Lasse

This is something I guess you should never recommend to anyone, but it sure did the trick for me. Just put a jack under the door when it´s fully open and lift it up so that the car starts to tilt. Very carefully so that you don´t push it up too much. Try the door after the lift and do it again if necessary.

Mine was sagging a bit and isn´t any more. Propably not a lasting fix, but very cheap and quick...

Find a body shop that has been around for a while. They might have a door alignment tood. The tool has a part that hooks onto your striker plate and a striker plate built into it. Loosend the hinges a bit, slide the tool into place, latch the door to the striker plate part of the tool, then pry up on the handle until things are aligned. Tighten the hinges and you're good to go.

Ed

Guest Kingoftheroad
Find a body shop that has been around for a while. They might have a door alignment tood. The tool has a part that hooks onto your striker plate and a striker plate built into it. Loosend the hinges a bit, slide the tool into place, latch the door to the striker plate part of the tool, then pry up on the handle until things are aligned. Tighten the hinges and you're good to go.

Ed

Thanks Ed, good info.....:)