1956 Parking Brakes

Beemon

As my car has been sitting in the car port for 30 some years, the parking brake has either shattered or was broken off the housing that runs from the torque tube to the third member. The diagram in the shop manual makes the fixture out to be somewhat of a crescent shaped connector that holds the wire that goes from the two rear wheels and connects it to the main wire that goes to the lever. However, at this point the diagram doesn't really help me all because I have no idea what to look for. I'm assuming the connector isn't even on the car because the park line doesn't match the diagram.

I've looked all over the net, but obviously no one is going to post pictures of this without good reason. Was hoping one of you guys could look under your car's skirt and see what's holding that wire onto the torque tube. Pictures would be great, but I don't want to waste anyone's time on this other than a simple confirmation.

Will get pictures tomorrow, as it's quite late here and I didn't have much time to snap one while I was fiddling under the car. :(

Yes, that is the piece I am missing exactly. Darn. Would there be any way I could possible replicate that or find a new one? Without that piece, I'm at quite a loss here since it seems to be the actual bracket that holds the rear cable to the front.

Guest shadetree77

I'm not sure if this is what you need as there are no pictures with the listing, but here are two links to the CARS site. One is described as the front cable and the other rear. It says they include all fasteners and hardware. Perhaps this might include the part you're missing? I would call them to find out for sure. Good luck!

Old Buick Parts - CARS. Inc.

Old Buick Parts - CARS. Inc.