SOUTHEASTERN REGION SHOW

DAVE A

I had a particularly nice experience with the team captain that judged my class (04) at the Charlotte meet. He was particularly knowledgeable on the cars and was very tactful and pleasant when pointing an error I had made (I had touched up a ding in my axle with spray and oversprayed onto the shock rubber on the base of my shock..Then stupidly didn't clean it off). I wish I had gotten his name as I would recommend him highly. He was a retired correctional officer if I remember correctly. If anyone can add his name, I would appreciate it. A true gentleman.

I had a particularly nice experience with the team captain that judged my class (04) at the Charlotte meet. He was particularly knowledgeable on the cars and was very tactful and pleasant when pointing an error I had made (I had touched up a ding in my axle with spray and oversprayed onto the shock rubber on the base of my shock..Then stupidly didn't clean it off). I wish I had gotten his name as I would recommend him highly. He was a retired correctional officer if I remember correctly. If anyone can add his name, I would appreciate it. A true gentleman.

Dave, The Team Captain's name was Don Holton. I've never met an unkind team captain. Personally, I think we have some of the best people judging AACA automobiles. We should all be proud of them all!

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, I hope no one took it that I was in any way disparaging any other AACA Judge or Team Captain. My experience has been positive with them all to date. But Don Holton was particularly positive. It was obvious that he had spent some time familiarizing himself with the cars he was going to judge. My Crosley has some particularly crude areas in finish that are factory correct, In our conversation, as he was pointing out an error I had made, I stated that I thought the issue might be the afore mentioned areas. He told me that he had already checked on that issue and he knew that it was correct. The majority of people, even car experts, have never even seen a Farm O Road before!!! As i talked to the other owners in the class, (an Isetta, a Fiat, and a pre war Crosley in 04a), they all had the same impression. In a group as diverse as class 04, to have spent the time to know something about the cars is truely impressive.