Top Rests purchase

MikeC5

I have given up on finding a correct pair of top rests for the 25 touring car (the ones made from unobtanium). I recently got these on fleabay for a relative pittance and will use them if I need to when the time comes. Anyone recognize the part numbers on these?

post-74074-143138918172_thumb.jpg

post-74074-143138918178_thumb.jpg

post-74074-143138918184_thumb.jpg

Hey Mike, Saw those on Fleabay. The day before, I located "these" in the junkyard I just purchased. They were in a box of all early Dodge parts. Since you know, I, too, didn't have the irons on my '25 touring. I was quite elated about finding these, went home, and just by holding them up on car, I said to myself, "These are way too short!" They measure 7-3/4" long. These HAVE to be "Roadster" top saddles! There's no way I could cram all the bows of a touring top into these saddles. The printed marks on them looks like a date on the inside of the Latch, "Nov 28 *11". The body part of the saddles are marked,"305 R" and "305 L". Back to the drawing board---Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill, I don't think those are for a 25. The first thing to look for is where the body mount stud bolts to the rest. On these, it is near the top. It is my understanding that it should be very near the bottom. (see photo from MIM).

post-74074-143138933853_thumb.jpg

Mike, I had not noticed the first bit of text there until now, .....pushing rear sockets into top-rests ....which of course reinforces what was said earlier about these being removable and stored. Great info