Wiring question 1950 DeSoto with the M6 semi automatic fluid drive

Indian 101

I have bought a rebuilt carburetor Carter E7L4 and a new wiring harness for the M6 semi-automatic fluid drive transmission on my 1950 DeSoto.

I wonder how I will know which contact the following wiring should be connected to:

- Brown and yellow to be connected to the anti-stall magnetic lockout on the carburetor, which wire to which contact on the anti-stall magnetic lockout?

- Yellow and red wire that connects to the solenoid on the transmission, which wire to which contact on the solenoid?

- Yellow and blue wire to be connected to the interrupter switch on the transmission, which wire to which contact on the switch?

I really hope someone can help me with these questions :).

Thanks for your feedback.

The diagram shows the same colors / connections to the appropriate units as a similar diagram I have for my DeSoto. My problem is that these diagrams do not show which of the 2 connectors on the 3 current units the individual wires should be connected into.

How can I now know, for example, that I connect the red wire to the correct connector on the solenoid?

I believe you can connect either color wire to either of the two stud terminals say of either the interupter switch, the solenoid or the magnetic Anti-Stall. I have always hooked them up either way and never a problem, but this diagram does show some terminal markings.

Another wiring diagram.....

Bob

post-62228-143138883828_thumb.jpg

Edited by c49er (see edit history)

Thank you.

I have now cleaned the 3 units with 2 terminals each carefully, but could not find any markings on them.

Does it not matter which of the 2 terminals on these 3 units I connect the 2 wires to, or can I break something if I do this wrong?

post-76504-143138889301_thumb.jpg

Thank you, is it likely that the wires not should go to any particular terminal on these 3 units?

I am unsure what you mean with berather strut, but guess you mean the square box that sits on the stay that is attached to the air filter box. I think I have managed to sketch out the 4 connections on this box based on an old wiring harness. However, I'm a little unsure, as the old wiring harness was very poor.

Yes that is what I meant. You can see the markings on C49ers illustration, Ign = coil +, Bat = coil -, INT = interrupter (switch) SOL = Solenoid.

Yours will be similarly marked if you clean off old grease and rust with a fine wire brush.

The other units will have similar markings. If they don't then you can connect them either way.

Thank you!

I have now cleaned the square box shown in the illustration from c49er. I find then the markings you show, and these matches the wiring diagram that followed the new wiring harness, great! However, there are no markings on the 3 units shown in my illustration. I hope this means that it does not matter which wire I connect to which connector on these 3 units?

+ 20 degrees Celsius in the south of Norway today, it will be very exciting if I get the car to work during this spring:)