1/8" rubber matting

petelempert

There are a few places on my 63 that originally had a thin rubber mat intended as some type of insulator. Like...surrounding the gas filler neck inside the license plate door or surrounding the evaporator (I think) cannister on the AC unit so it doesn't vibrate on the passenger inner fender. The rubber is now trashed and I want to update it. I'm looking for a supplier who sells a 1/8" black mat than I can trim to size and use for this purpose. Anybody ever replace this stuff or have any ideas on sources? PRL

The rubber that covers the filler neck is masticated rubber like the dust covers that cover the a-arms in your engine compartment.That can be purchased from Steele Rubber in different sizes and can be cut to fit.The other item for the a/c muffler is like a foam rubber.Try Restoration Specialties,they might have it.Not sure if they have it but is a good place to start.Good luck.

I'm thinking he doesn't have a website but if you'll go to the "Community" link in the black bar at the top of this page and open it to members, you can find his AACA profile and send him either a PM or an email. abandg is his username.

Gene's ad in the Riview is a business card ad, not listed in the normal classified way.

Hope this helps.

Ed