1929 - 1930 anybody need some parts? MN

Barnbikes

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Some good hard to find parts on the 1930 coupe. I would grab that in a heartbeat if it were not half way across the country from me. I sent an email to the owner asking if he would be willing to sell any parts.

Michael, see this post

http://forums.aaca.org/f115/burned-out-buick-321271.html#post996721

Forum member Karasmer should be able to help you out as I think he is near the vehicle ( doesn't seem like he purchased it. )

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)

Stuart,

Thanks for the tip on that message from Karasmer. I sent him a PM.

Some time age when I was around 16 and looking for my first car, my father and I went to take a look at a 1965 Oldsmobile F-85 that had experienced an engine fire. The fire had burned off the paint on the hood as the carburetor had melted and burned some of the wiring under the hood as well. The damage looked a lot uglier than it actually was as the car only was only about a year old and had around 15,000 miles on it The rest of the car was in perfect condition. The owner was an older guy who knew nothing about cars other than how to drive one, and dad was able to purchase it for around $300 which was dirt cheap even then. We took it home, bought a new carb, repaired the wiring and had it running great the next day. I drove that car for many years before it finally gave up the ghost for good.