Old Junk Buick Parts

Mudbone

Have you ever had some old junk parts that you just couldn’t throw away? About six years ago I parted out an old rusty 55 4 dr sedan. I had one old pitted headlight bezel. I threw it in the scrap metal bin at work. After a couple days I saw it in there and felt sorry for it and pulled it back out. It sat around for about a year at work and I threw it out again. Then a friend of mine saw it in the scrap metal bin, pulled it out and hung it on the chain link fence post by the equipment gate. It has been there for about five years. I saw it the other day and felt sorry for it and took it back home. I found a use for it and now it hangs proudly on my garage wall. :P

post-50945-14313885382_thumb.jpg

post-50945-143138854086_thumb.jpg

Guest shadetree77

That's cool Mud. Look's good! I have the same problem. I'm starting to accumulate a pretty big stack of parts myself. A lot of them are pitted/rusted beyond using but I just can't bring myself to throw them out. My Dad and I were thinking about building one of those "muffler men" statues you see outside of shops built out of small parts and an old muffler. It would be a good chance for me to practice some welding and that 4 foot long muffler I took off my '52 would be a good torso. Now I just have to find some time to do it!